Mara C. Spring
Mara C. Spring is an associate attorney with Godfrey, Leibsle, Blackbourn & Howarth, S.C. Mara earned her law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School in 1998. Before she joined the firm, Mara served as Taylor County, Wisconsin, District Attorney (1999-2003).
Mara's law practice concentrates in business, corporate, litigation, creditor rights, and construction, including preparation of construction contracts, employment law matters, formation of corporate entities, and preparation of operating agreements. Mara is often involved in court actions to protect the rights of creditors in both state court and federal bankruptcy proceedings.
Mara is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin and the Walworth County Bar Association, and serves on the Construction Arbitration Board for the Metropolitan Builders Association, in Brookfield, Wisconsin. Mara is also a member of Lakeland Builders' Association, in Elkhorn, Wisconsin, and serves on its education committee. Mara coordinated and spoke at the Lakeland Builders' Association's Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Course (2008), to certify builders under Wisconsin's new contractor licensing requirements. Mara regularly speaks at business and corporate law seminars. Mara is a member and regular volunteer of Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Rock, Walworth, and Jefferson Counties.
Areas of Practice
- Creditor Rights
- Construction Law
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin
- Regularly Speaks, Business and Corporate Law Seminars
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- Walworth County Bar Association, Member
- Metropolitan Builders Association, in Brookfield, Wisconsin, Construction Arbitration Board
- Lakeland Builders' Association, Elkhorn, Wisconsin, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Taylor County, Wisconsin, District Attorney, 1999 - 2003
Pro Bono Activities
- Regular Volunteer of Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Rock, Walworth, and Jefferson Counties