PROVIDING A FULL RANGE OF LEGAL SERVICES
- Of Counsel
James P. Howe is an Of Counsel with Godfrey, Leibsle, Blackboum & Howarth, S.C. Jim earned his law degree from the University of Notre Dame, and an M.B.A. in Finance, lnvestment Banking from the University of Wisconsin -Madison.
Jim's law practice focuses primarily in commercial and residential real estate law, including real estate development sales. purchases, leases, and related general corporate practice. Jim has practiced real estate, general corporate law, and estate planning for over 30 years, representing real estate developers and other clients in annexations, rezones, land divisions, condominium conversions, easements, zoning enforcement and variances, as well as banks and borrowers in industrial revenue bond and commercial loans, issuers in private placements of securities for bank holding company and bank-related entities, and sellers and purchasers of businesses, among others.
Jim is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and the State of Illinois.
Jim is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin and the Illinois State Bar Association.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Real Estate 70%
- Corporate 30%
- Wisconsin, 1983
- Illinois, 1981
- University of Notre Dame London Law Center, London
- Notre Dame Law School, South Bend, Indiana
- J.D. - 1981
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
- M.B.A. - 1984
- Major: Finance, Investment/Banking
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Attorney, 1983 to Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Attorney, 1981 to Present
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Campion Curran Rausch Gummerson & Dunlop, P.C., Associate Attorney, 1986 to 2000