Theodore N. Johnson is a partner of Godfrey, Leibsle, Blackbourn & Howarth, S.C. Ted earned his law degree from Marquette University in 1989.
Ted's law practice concentrates in estate and business succession planning, including the preparation of wills, revocable/living trusts, marital agreements, powers of attorney, probate, and other estate, succession, and tax planning matters, along with business law, corporate law, and civil litigation.
Ted is licensed to practice in all courts in Wisconsin, including the Federal District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Ted is a member of the Wisconsin State Bar Association and the Walworth County Bar Association. Ted served as President of the Walworth County Bar Association (2001-2002); President of the Elkhorn Rotary Club (2005-2006); President of the Elkhorn Area High School Scholarship Foundation (2006-2011).
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Estate Planning/Probate 50%
- Corporate/Succession Planing
- Real Estate
- Wisconsin, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 1989
- Honors: Marquette Law Review
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- B.A. - 1986
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Wisconsin State Bar Association, Member
- Walworth County Bar Association, Member
- Walworth County Bar Association, President, 2001 to 2002
- Elkhorn Area High School Scholarship Foundation, President, 2006
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- President, Elkhorn Rotary Club, 2005 to 2006