Godfrey, Leibsle, Blackbourn & Howarth, S.C.
Godfrey, Leibsle, Blackbourn & Howarth, S.C.

Schedule Your Initial Consultation Today

Elkhorn, WI

COVID-19 Message: We are available during business hours by phone and other forms of electronic and written communication. Read more.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists

When Uninsured And Underinsured Motorists Are Negligent

After a motor vehicle accident caused by a negligent driver without insurance or without sufficient insurance to cover your losses, what can you do?

“I have uninsured (UI) and underinsured (UIM) motorist coverage on my car insurance policy,” you may say.

But did you know your auto insurance company is unlikely to offer you all that you need and are entitled to? You may even be unsure if you have this coverage — and your insurance company may not make it easy for you to understand all that your policy should provide.

Most people in your situation need legal representation to tap into full available coverage after a car accident. Godfrey, Leibsle, Blackbourn & Howarth, S.C., in Elkhorn, Wisconsin, has helped many Wisconsin residents as well as visitors to our state to recover full compensation even in challenging cases such as UI/UIM claims and lawsuits.

When Your Own Insurance Coverage Is Hard To Obtain

You may have thought of your own car insurance company as a safety net ready to help in your time of need. In fact, however, as you prepare to make a claim to cover your injuries and related losses, your insurer becomes your opponent. Your insurance company may put up obstacles and otherwise challenge you when you attempt to tap into your own coverage. You cannot count on your insurance company’s uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage as an automatic source of support.

To protect your rights, consult with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible after the accident — and definitely as soon as you learn the other driver was uninsured or underinsured.

Our lawyers are ready to give the information and advice that you need after a car accident with complications like an uninsured driver in the other vehicle.

Call To Speak With An Attorney After A UI/UIM Car Accident

Let us hear from you if you were injured in a crash and suspect the other driver was uninsured or underinsured. Call 262-422-6607 or complete our online intake form to request a personal injury lawyer.